I would like to apologize

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZMalek111

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I posted a pretty harsh rant a few weeks ago about how I feel taking advice from Dentists who haven't really had any professional experience before Dental School. I would like to apologize for the way I approached the situation, I did feel some of my points were correct but went at it in a totally disrespectful way. I do agree that my experience in the "real world" should not feel like some sort of trophy but instead to use it as an asset personally towards applying to Dental Schools, and the business side of running my own practice when I actually become a Dentist. I also responded harshly to criticism that I received and for that I would like to apologize to the people that I lashed out at. I did garner some support for my rant and received some awesome inbox messages from people who agree with me, I just felt like I didn't approach any of it right. I am truly awe inspired by the hard work and dedication all of you put yourself through to graduate undergrad with a good GPA, go through the rigors of studying, DAT/Interviews/Applications and then the 4 long years of strenuous Dental School work to actually become Dentists. I never wanted to take that away from you, and I do admire and look up to those who have completed this journey and those that are on the path. This being said, thank you for all the advice in this forum and good luck to all students and Dental professionals alike. Peace!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Well said my friend.

Now where are those mozzarella sticks?!?! :poke:

J/k!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your responses were not entirely unfounded either, though perhaps a tad strident. Obtaining a professional degree does not give anyone the right to treat pre-dental students like plebs. That said, it takes a big person to apologize for their own actions. Good for you.

Reactions: 5 users
Your responses were not entirely unfounded either, though perhaps a tad strident. Obtaining a professional degree does not give anyone the right to treat pre-dental students like plebs. That said, it takes a big person to apologize for their own actions. Good for you.

Thank you and good luck!

lol what a joke. throw a dish on the ground and say sorry to it, does it make it whole again? no.

it takes a small person to post on a forum, get some criticism, defend himself, then after a few weeks, go on and apologize. you didn't do anything wrong to be sorry for to be honest. Just be proud of your "professional" business experience. no one here is really hurt by what you say.

lol what a joke. throw a dish on the ground and say sorry to it, does it make it whole again? no.

it takes a small person to post on a forum, get some criticism, defend himself, then after a few weeks, go on and apologize. you didn't do anything wrong to be sorry for to be honest. Just be proud of your "professional" business experience. no one here is really hurt by what you say.

No problem, good luck to you. ( Read your PM, I don't want to discuss it on this post )

Last edited:
Dude you're apologizing to anonymous people.

Dude you're apologizing to anonymous people.

I understand, it doesn't cost me anything to apologize to people I most likely will never see again, it is just something nice to do. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
As some of you may know I posted a pretty harsh rant a few weeks ago about how I feel taking advice from Dentists who haven't really had any professional experience before Dental School. I would like to apologize for the way I approached the situation, I did feel some of my points were correct but went at it in a totally disrespectful way. I do agree that my experience in the "real world" should not feel like some sort of trophy but instead to use it as an asset personally towards applying to Dental Schools, and the business side of running my own practice when I actually become a Dentist. I also responded harshly to criticism that I received and for that I would like to apologize to the people that I lashed out at. I did garner some support for my rant and received some awesome inbox messages from people who agree with me, I just felt like I didn't approach any of it right. I am truly awe inspired by the hard work and dedication all of you put yourself through to graduate undergrad with a good GPA, go through the rigors of studying, DAT/Interviews/Applications and then the 4 long years of strenuous Dental School work to actually become Dentists. I never wanted to take that away from you, and I do admire and look up to those who have completed this journey and those that are on the path. This being said, thank you for all the advice in this forum and good luck to all students and Dental professionals alike. Peace!
File under half baked apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You know, OP, I actually think you made a good point about how lucky we are to be aware of and to have a shot at this profession. I think that amidst all the talk of saturation, mid-levels, declining insurance reimbursements, high student loans, shift towards group practice, corporate dentistry (gosh this sounds bad....but i'm getting to the good point, one moment)....anyways, while talking about all that, I think we tend to forget that this profession really is one of a kind.

You get to provide an important healthcare service, work in a huge variety of settings (everything from solo practice to the military), work in a clean, safe environment, and make enough to provide a comfortable living even with significant loans while, and this is the most important factor, doing something you love!

So while you may have come across as somewhat aggressive, I think the points you made really helped us realize how good we've got it, so thank you.

Reactions: 2 users