I took a practice MCAT, are my results indicative of doom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExAmateurEconomist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I took a practice MCAT on princeton review, i scored 124 on cars, and was rushing a little and was tired, and 124 on psychology and social behavior for which I had taken no psychology courses in college but studied in my free time, and took a sociology CLEP exam and a sociology course. i scored abysmal in biology and chemical and physical foundations of living things. i only took two biology courses which were introductory, and i was pretty much guessing. overall i got a 487. is all hope lost? i have about 2.5 to 3 years left of school.

Members don't see this ad.

i should mention it was online and i have internet addiction and i have adhd and that's part of why i was rushing. i was hasty to get a score.

No. All hope is not lost. You likely have not had all your foundational classes (biochemistry, physics, philosophy, and cell biology) and the MCAT focuses heavily on those topics. Also, the MCAT is something you do NOT need to rush.

You have a lot to learn and you will do exactly that: learn. Your score is perfect for the level of education you have had so far. And without any preparation or prior practice. Do not worry about this right now. I love the initiative so keep it up. You will score exactly what you need to score on the MCAT. Study smart!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cars is the most difficult section to study so I would try to improve most on the three other sections.

Reactions: 1 user
All you have wasted is a AAMC FL. :(
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I didn't enroll in a course, I just signed up for a princeton review account and I "bought" (it said the charge was 0.00 at checkout) a test, and it says I can take it again, presumably again and again. there are also other sites with practice tests or amateur practice tests, like varsitytutors. what are you talking about? im such a noob. EDIT: Is the number of takes limited?

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I didn't enroll in a course, I just signed up for a princeton review account and I "bought" (it said the charge was 0.00 at checkout) a test, and it says I can take it again, presumably again and again. there are also other sites with practice tests or amateur practice tests, like varsitytutors. what are you talking about? im such a noob.
There are only 4 precious AAMC FL's. Thankfully, it appears that you have not wasted this resource.
Let us therefore return to previously scheduled catastrophizing!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Princeton Review, Kaplan, Barrons intentionally make diagnostic tests harder and scores lower so that more people sign up for classes and buy materials

Princeton Review, Kaplan, Barrons intentionally make diagnostic tests harder and scores lower so that more people sign up for classes and buy materials
So by calculation, what would a 124 on princeton review be in real life? 125, 126, 127? More? Any ideas?

I took a practice MCAT on princeton review, i scored 124 on cars, and was rushing a little and was tired, and 124 on psychology and social behavior for which I had taken no psychology courses in college but studied in my free time, and took a sociology CLEP exam and a sociology course. i scored abysmal in biology and chemical and physical foundations of living things. i only took two biology courses which were introductory, and i was pretty much guessing. overall i got a 487. is all hope lost? i have about 2.5 to 3 years left of school.
Are you in college, with 3 years left? Don't start studying or practicing for the MCAT unless you have taken the classes that are featured in its questions, like physics, biochemistry, and organic chemistry

Reactions: 1 user