I suck at standardize tests, when to study for Naplex?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am terrible at standardized tests. I made an 80 on my pcat, first time and that was because the chemistry REALLY saved my butt and the math kind of helped too.

I am now a 4th year and will not be taking the NAPLEX until next year. When do you suggest starting up in my studying for this test?

All opinions are welcome. I know ultimately its going to depend on me and how I feel. Just looking for insights.

Members don't see this ad.

I would not worry about studying for the NAPLEX now. If I was you I would just focus on your rotations as that will be the best way to prepare for the NAPLEX this far in advance. All the things you see on rotation will form a great basis to reinforce the book knowledge from years P1-P3. I would also pay special attention during your retail rotation to brand/generic names. I wish I would have spent more downtime at the pharmacy practicing the brand/generic thing. Worry about the NAPLEX a week or two after you graduate next May. Some people may need a week, others a month or more. Enjoy!

I would not worry about studying for the NAPLEX now. If I was you I would just focus on your rotations as that will be the best way to prepare for the NAPLEX this far in advance. All the things you see on rotation will form a great basis to reinforce the book knowledge from years P1-P3. I would also pay special attention during your retail rotation to brand/generic names. I wish I would have spent more downtime at the pharmacy practicing the brand/generic thing. Worry about the NAPLEX a week or two after you graduate next May. Some people may need a week, others a month or more. Enjoy!

:thumbup: