I SHOULD Be Studying. How About You?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm writing this post basically because I should be hitting the books rights now, but instead, I'm here on the computer.

So...what is everyone else studying right now?

I am MS-I at PCOM and currently learning: Pharmacology, Immunology, Microbiology, and of course OPP.

Just curious to see where other people are in their curricula.

Members don't see this ad.

just curious, how is your opp course structured for the first year? How was the first semester structured?

Originally posted by JPHazelton
So...what is everyone else studying right now?

... the inside of a soup bowl while I'm waiting for a patient to be transferred up from the emergency room.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SawBones
... the inside of a soup bowl while I'm waiting for a patient to be transferred up from the emergency room.

Sounds more appealing that micro.

OPP here at PCOM is 2 years. You are graded on the entire year.
Lectures interspersed throughout the year, lab once a week.

Questions are at the end of the exams for the other courses, so we don't have to study different things all the time...study everything at once.

We have neuroanatomy, physiology, immunology/microbiology/virology, medical information systems (epidemiology), and Osteopathic clinical skills.

We also have OMT for 2 years (from this semester on it is a portion of our clinical skills class), but we get graded each semester and have separate written and practical exams. We learn our OMT by method (I guess some of you learn them by body area).

Heck i might as well chime in since i don't want to study for either. AZCOMers MSI have:
Anatomy II (includes histo II and embry II), Biochem II, Physiology I, OMM, Human behavior, Clinical medicine.

Hello everyone!

Studying some Physiology II over here, some Immunology, Neuroscience, Clinical Skills II, OMM II, Doctor Patient Relationships II. Later on in the semester we have microbiology (mycology, virology, bateriology), and pathology, etc. Yikes...it's a lot of information!

Good luck!

Julia

Hello all!!!! I am glad to see that even during our study breaks we are still being productive!

NYCOM's second semester consists of:

Physiology
Genetics
Micro
OMM
histology

We'll be done with physio, genetics and histo in 3 weeks, but we will be picking up family practice, neuro and pathology

all i have to say is....i am soooo thankful we are done with anatomy!

Also, our OMM is also two years long...with each semester being graded. So far we've done diagnosis, myofascial, FPR, counter strain, HVLA and muscle energy for the thoracic, cervical and lumbar regions.

good luck studying!

Originally posted by SexyEgptnDr

all i have to say is....i am soooo thankful we are done with anatomy!

Nod of agreement from this PCOMer. :D

All of this time fooling around with the computer and yet JP manages to be finished with the Cell and Tissue II exam in an hour and a half.

What a genius!!!!! Either that, or you were like me.....doing a whole lot of educated guessing.

See you Monday JP. Enjoy your weekend.

Hour and a half is right, baby!

First one done.

What does that mean?

Not a damn thing.

Go Raiders.

Hey, I'm an MS-II at OUCOM - our curriculum is pure madness, but that's another thread...

We're in the ENDOCRINE & METABOLISM block right now - so we're studying everything endocrine: endocrine physio, endocrine path, endocrine pathophys, etc. Also, we're doing the biochemistry gamut -- everything pertaining to metabolism - for the 100th time it seems (there's some redundancy in the curriculum - not sure if that's good or bad) :confused:

I'm currently typing up notes (damned note service strikes again!) for 'Fatty Acid Oxidation & Ketone Bodies' -- aren't you all jeolous? :D

This is pretty cool to see what everyone else does. I am an MS2 at AZCOM and am procrastinating studying for my upcoming PATH exam. We also have MICRO, PHARM, ICM (we do weekly case write ups in that class), CLINICAL CORRELATES (love this class - it ties it all together), and of course OMM. (It's a 2 year class). Next quarter, we drop MICRO, pick up TOPICS IN MEDICINE again, slim down PATH and PHARM, and pick up a half quarter class called OCM where we get to listen to all of these different lecturers talk about more clinical stuff (pass-fail only - yay!)

Oh - and for Teufelhunden, I pity you with your note service fiascos. We get all of our notes from our instructors before class starts. It's a nice thing.

I should be studying also...