I killed Omar Bashandi, repeatedly.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

101N

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I reup'd ACLS using an online firm called Pacific Medical Training. But my hospital says they are not AHA certified so I have to either do either a traditional classroom course or the AHA's Heartcode computer version. So I spend another $110.00 to buy the AHA's Heartcode so I can do it from home.

What a freaking mistake that was. In addition to memorizing the supercode algorithms now you have to memorize under which tab the defibrillator, pulse ox, medications, IV start, etc are located. The penultimate case - Omar Bashandi - is a tachycardia/V-Fib supercode. I had to work through it about 10-20 times before passing. What a PIA.

Just to rub salt in your wound, at the end of all this you get a certificate BUT, you still have to perform a live skills lab for both BLS and ACLS!

The moral of the story, don't waste your time or money on the AHA's online stuff. Better to just sit through the typical 1 or 2 day course.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I reup'd ACLS using an online firm called Pacific Medical Training. But my hospital says they are not AHA certified so I have to either do either a traditional classroom course or the AHA's Heartcode computer version. So I spend another $110.00 to buy the AHA's Heartcode so I can do it from home.

What a freaking mistake that was. In addition to memorizing the supercode algorithms now you have to memorize under which tab the defibrillator, pulse ox, medications, IV start, etc are located. The penultimate case - Omar Bashandi - is a tachycardia/V-Fib supercode. I had to work through it about 10-20 times before passing. What a PIA.

Just to rub salt in your wound, at the end of all this you get a certificate BUT, you still have to perform a live skills lab for both BLS and ACLS!

The moral of the story, don't waste your time or money on the AHA's online stuff. Better to just sit through the typical 1 or 2 day course.

I killed the other guys a bunch, but Omar I saved his life!

Reactions: 1 user

Up in my neck of the woods, ACLS recert : $ 385. Regardless if you already have the book or not.

Next customer, move along please folks ( pay no attention to the man bending you over and ****ing you in the ass ).

Members don't see this ad :)
when i got Omar's heart going again, i screamed to my wife across the room, "I SAVED HIM. I BROUGHT OMAR BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!". she was less than impressed.

i still think the online version is better than spending the whole day in a classroom arguing over mobitz vs wenckebach etc

when i got Omar's heart going again, i screamed to my wife across the room, "I SAVED HIM. I BROUGHT OMAR BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!". she was less than impressed.

i still think the online version is better than spending the whole day in a classroom arguing over mobitz vs wenckebach etc

i agree. i cant be around a bunch of other docs taking this kind of test...i cant be around a bunch of other docs, period... or nurses either. Come to think of it, i cant handle being around patients as well...

Reactions: 2 users
i agree. i cant be around a bunch of other docs taking this kind of test.

disagree,

I did the online thing + the practical a couple months ago and it was painful and took way too long.

The best part about ACLS refreshers is that since it's not a full original class, they can cruise and just hit the high points and get done way ahead of time.

Overall, I thought online + the practical took longer than an ACLS refresher course.

Hello thread, I am Will with Pacific Medical Training and wanted to respond even though, as the forum rules warn against, I am WAY late to the party.

Since the OP, our company is now under new management. We are accepted by Joint Commission, in every US state, and have accreditation by CECBEMS and AANA. So that means you are much more likely to have our course accepted. But even if you sign up and then would rather do an in-person course (not @SSdoc33) you are always welcome to send it back for a full refund. We have a 100% money back guarantee for 3 months from purchase.

Now my real question is: Omar has been dying on life support courses for over 8 years now, can't they find another actor!

curious..

my hospital does the ACLS and BLS classes for me - so free and all that jazz - but also absolutely required.

If you work for your own office, why do BLS/ACLS anyway?

curious..

my hospital does the ACLS and BLS classes for me - so free and all that jazz - but also absolutely required.

If you work for your own office, why do BLS/ACLS anyway?

Because ifvyou want to be a legitimate provider doing procedures and tou are not ACLS certified....and you have a bad outcome after an emergency in office......screwed.

Because ifvyou want to be a legitimate provider doing procedures and tou are not ACLS certified....and you have a bad outcome after an emergency in office......screwed.
Absolutely, if you don't feel comfortable with resuscitation, you should stay certified in these. Not that an ACLS course is going to make you comfortable, but still, it looks better than not being certified or standing next to a blue patient looking like a tool doing nothing, when EMS comes in.

EMS note: "Arrived on scene. Doctor at bedside, beside cyanotic patient, not performing CPR. Time down, without CPR = 10 min."

Those damn beepy noises in the online course gave me chest pain, and poor Omar died about 12 times under my watch. Last time I was up I just sucked it up and went to the classroom refresher, and had a MUCH more relaxing time.

I just re-certified yesterday. Office based solo doc. CYA.

I Know this thread is old but if you are someone reading this looking for a way to finally save and successfully transfer Omar Bashandi to the icu go to this youtube video I found! It shows you how to get through everything... I did take me to another website where I had to pay to watch the full video though without music but it helped! I saved time finishing it at home. Thought this might help!

Reactions: 1 user