I just noticed that there is no Orthopedics Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbiddy808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is that because they don't know how to use computers?

Members don't see this ad.

No doubt you would have noticed the ophtho section but no other surgical specialties have their own section.

The reason?

Dr. Doan is an active moderator here.

If other surgical specialties could get moderators then they would probably have their own forums section.

Until that time ortho(and the other specialties) are covered in the Surgery and surgial specialties section.

Has a huge ortho board- select applicant forum or similar link from the above main page. Urology has an outside one too- definitely worth seeing.

As for the computer use... decide for yourself. :)

While I agree we need an Ortho section, without a Moderator with some inside knowledge I fear it would become a graveyard for unanswered posts. Forums like Optho and Plastics have Moderators and therefore, their own forums.

zoolander said:
Has a huge ortho board- select applicant forum or similar link from the above main page. Urology has an outside one too- definitely worth seeing.

As for the computer use... decide for yourself. :)

Orthogate is way intense. Those guys are always on there posting their 250+ Board scores, extensive research, AOA, did I mntion AOA, honored every clerkship, dating the program directors daughter, etc kinds of things. I am not going into ortho, but I have a friend who is. Every time he gets on that site he gets completely nervous that he wont match and will have to settle for GS or God forbide IM. Because rumor has it there is a guy with a 270 S1, Top 25 school, AOA, who interviewed at 35 places, (bla bla bla) who didnt match. Of course I am not trying to be offensive, I actually admire how hard those guys work to get into that field. :eek: