I just got into SGU and have a question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmitrinyr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted to SGU for the August class and I wanted to come down to the island of Grenada and visit the med school and see what it would be like if I chose to go there. My question is whether the school can set this up for me? Something in the form of a roommate for a day or two or a spare bedroom for me to use while I am there?

I would really appreciate any and all replies. Thanks

dmitri

Members don't see this ad.

my understanding is that the housing office will send out a letter in the next six weeks or so about campus visits. SGU will use the on campus travel agency to set up a flight and put you up for three nights at a nearby hotel. You'll pay for everything, but should you decide to matriculate you can turn in your receipts and the money you spent on the campus visit will be put towards your first term tuition. I'm not sure I have all the details quite right, but that's the gist of it- so if you're really serious and think there's a good chance you'll go I'd take them up on the offer.
It's what I plan to do.

Anyone else have experience on the school sponsored visits?

You are correct! I am a 5th termer, and a friend of mine (also in my term) has a brother who just started in January. He came down to visit in early December, and should get reimbursed for his trip.

It's nice to know where things are, so that you're not completely lost when you arrive. I would do it if you can.

--Brian