I have a 3.16GPA, 34MCAT, mediocre extracurrilars. I dont stand a chance do I..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myst

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of getting into a Canadian school.
What are my options? Im in Alberta, but the U of C and U of A are not easy to get into.

Do you think I may have a shot at US schools? If so, which ones?
What about overseas like the UK or Caribbean? Will I be able to practice in the states once I am done? Will it be a difficult process?

I heard so many nightmare stories about Canadians who went overseas to study and I was hoping to get others' advice.

Members don't see this ad.

myst said:
Of getting into a Canadian school.
What are my options? Im in Alberta, but the U of C and U of A are not easy to get into.

Do you think I may have a shot at US schools? If so, which ones?
What about overseas like the UK or Caribbean? Will I be able to practice in the states once I am done? Will it be a difficult process?

I heard so many nightmare stories about Canadians who went overseas to study and I was hoping to get others' advice.

If your GPA was higher, you would have a shot at an american school. You can try and apply to an osteopathic school in the states. If all else fails, read up on the nightmare stories of your fellow Canadians that head down to the caribbean. Check out Ozztrek, it's for canadian students who want to get into austrailian medical schools.

Why would you double post this...laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Plus, go to www.premed101.com/forums...you will get more Canadian love there.