I hate waiting - freakin MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Echinoidea

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AACOMAS app is all complete - except for the damn April 2003 MCAT scores which we just found out won't be available till June 24th! This sucks because I can't submit my application until the scores are released.

Yeah, I know, this is a lame thing to complain about, but I feel like I've been gearing up for this whole process for the past 3 years and I'm STILL stuck waiting. I'm also all done with classes so I'm more than a little bored.

Oh well, just needed to vent!

Members don't see this ad.

i remember those weeks of waiting....so long...

wouldnt it be nice if they could just do the score in the next week or so? like, when you practice online they give you the score immediately afterwards. how hard can it be to rig something up? but no. just more stress for the already nerve-wracked premed crowd.

damn the man.

Yup yuppie.........those waiting seconds, minutes, hours, days and months suck bigtime!!! you will difinitely find out your score...just practice your imaginations skills of number ranges.........hmmm, i will get a 30........hmmm, i will get a 37....then, :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
At least everyone else is in the same boat. After the MCAT scores you have more waiting to look forward to... Will I get an interview? How did the interview go? Are they going to accept me? Will I ever get off this f@##@n waitlist? Man am I glad those days are over! :D

To those of you filling out AACOMAS and AMCAS and have everything done - all coursework filled, all essays done and re-checked, all activities filled out

SUBMIT NOW.

Don't wait for the MCAT scores to arrive before submitting. There will be a line to verification and the earlier you submit, the earlier you will be verified (and thus your info is sent to schools). Once your MCAT scores are available (and released to AACOM), it will be updated in your apps and your schools will be told of the update.

However, if you are waiting for your MCAT scores before deciding whether to apply or not - then ignore my above advice.

Good luck w/ the process - it is indeed a long long wait. First the primary apps, then waiting for the secondary - then waiting for the interview, then waiting for the acceptance - then waiting for school to start - it can be quite vexing.

If I remember correctly, UHS sends out its secondary very fast (like 1-2 weeks after your apps is verified). Anyway, good luck w/ the process.

Now I'll just sit back, relax, and chill - waiting for PCOM to start

Group_Theory is right: If you're finished filling out the applications, but just haven't pushed the submit button:

PUSH IT ASAP.

The sooner you submit the sooner you'll be verified. Also most schools will send you a secondary after only getting your name and address. And AMCAS/AACOMAS sends that info about two weeks after you submit. When your MCAT scores arrive they'll be included with your app and everything will be automatically forwarded to your schools.

I took the april 2003 mcat but at the time i did not request to send my mcat scores to aacomas. now i'm trying to make the request but i can't figure out how. can anyone help??

You will need to contact AAMC and send a "Additional Score Report" request

http://services.aamc.org/asr

This is used to send scores to non-AMCAS schools as well as AACOM.

I think the number for AACOM is 600 BUT I'M NOT 100% CERTAIN SO DOUBLE-CHECK.

There is a $10 fee associated with thie additional score report.

Group_theory
PCOM Class of 2007
Nobel Prize winner in Osteopathic Medicine and Physiology - Year 2025

Group,
great minds do think alike!

hey guys, thanx for the info. i did try and do that before but my april score report isn't an option to send yet. i figured it would become an option after june 24 when the scores actually get sent out and are available....but i was wondering how i can submit the request BEFORE june 24.

Originally posted by Echinoidea

Yeah, I know, this is a lame thing to complain about, but I feel like I've been gearing up for this whole process for the past 3 years and I'm STILL stuck waiting. I'm also all done with classes so I'm more than a little bored.

Oh well, just needed to vent!

I hate to break it to you, but this is just the beginning of waiting. Next, you'll be waiting for secondaries, then interviews, then letters of acceptance, then financial aid info, and on and on.

;)

Originally posted by DrMom
I hate to break it to you, but this is just the beginning of waiting. Next, you'll be waiting for secondaries, then interviews, then letters of acceptance, then financial aid info, and on and on.

;)

Aint that the truth

No kidding!!!!!

Hint hint...don't forget the LECOM supplemental application is on their website! Mine was at the school before the sent me a paper copy!