I got accepted at Uni of Warwick GEP :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Femtochemistry

Skunk Works
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

haven't posted here in a while, but I just want to let you fellow SDN'ers know that I was accepted at Warwick GEP.

I went for an interview in August 23rd of '04. A few days later I got the e-mail that I was accepted.. .YAY!! :luck:

HOWEVER, I defered my enterance until fall of '05--i needed to get my stuff together first. If any Americans have any questions, post 'em here

cheers! :D

Members don't see this ad.

What sort of marks do you need to get into Warwick? I hear most British schools dont' accept people from North America because med schools already exist here

I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a BS in Bio. My GPA was 3.71, I worked for several summers at a research lab, name on research papers, & volunteer experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I am a canadian veterinarian(I have a D.V.M degree) I am interested in doing my medical degree in this university , could you please give me some infromations on how to apply to them and what are the chances beeing a canadian to get accepted there( I am also now doing Masters degree in Physiology).

what are the tuition fee, coats of life,,,etc
Thank you

The tuition fees (I will ball park it since I don't have the paper work right here with me, but the first and second year are about 9,000 UK, year 3 and 4 are around 16,000 UK.

The campus itself is breath-taking. It's located in a wooded area, surrounded by wildlife. The campus is size is huge! Most of the buildings are brand new, along with brand new dorms. All the med labs have top-of-the-line equipment. Their lecture halls are spectacular. I wish I had taken some pics.

I am very looking forward to starting next year :)

Congratulations on your acceptance! Do they use the MCAT for admissions? If so what kind of score is necessary over there? Thanks alot in advance...

imthadon said:
Congratulations on your acceptance! Do they use the MCAT for admissions? If so what kind of score is necessary over there? Thanks alot in advance...

No, they don't look at MCAT......but i guess it wouldn't hurt to put it on the application--assuming you get a high score (>30)

when you are applying overseas, what GPA do you put down? I am at a community college right now and even though my GPA is not 4.0, apparently when I transfer to a university it resets to zero. So i still could graduate with a 4.0 GPA. but will british universities look at it like that?

C. Ronaldo said:
when you are applying overseas, what GPA do you put down? I am at a community college right now and even though my GPA is not 4.0, apparently when I transfer to a university it resets to zero. So i still could graduate with a 4.0 GPA. but will british universities look at it like that?

they look at your graduating GPA--at least this was the case for Warwick. There are places on the UCAS application where you can put that you attended a CC and this was your GPA there; accordingly, you can do the same for the university you graduated from.

goodluck