I DONT KNOW IF I WILL BE ACCEPTED INTO PHARMACY SCHOOL??? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Pharmacy guy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am freaking out that I will not be accepted to any pharmacy school. Please let me know what you think and if I’m just overthinking. I have a 3.4 cumulative GPA and a 3.2 Science GPA. I also volunteered at a hospital for 300 hours, I have worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years, I was a tutor for first generation high school students for 3 years, I worked for the cultural resource centers as a part of there leadership team at my college for 4 years. I was a founder and officer for the pre pharmacy club at my college for 2 years and an officer for 2 years for the Red Cross student club at my college.

Members don't see this ad.

You will be accepted....Don't worry...but then you won't have a job after 3/4 years of Pharm.D...then start all over again for another career. Have fun wasting your time and money!

Reactions: 1 users
I plan on just working as a tech for Fred Meyer while I’m in pharmacy school and then when I’m done with pharmacy school and get my license, move up to pharmacist at Fred Meyer

Members don't see this ad :)
Just let them know that you're willing to sign away $200k+ in loans to them and you'll be in.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously, those of you asking if you're going to get it: you're getting in. Schools are desperate to fill seats and that should tell you what you need to know about the profession. Look through the class forums for the last few years: how many people said they were rejected or waitlisted? Now compare that to what was posted 5 years ago.

Stop freaking out about whether or not you’ll get accepted. You will. Start freaking out about how you’re going to get a job when you graduate.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
This is just my impression from comments on this board and total applications vs enrolled students for individual schools, but I think schools in mountain time zone states are a bit more competitive than schools in other parts of the country. That might be a factor in your acceptance. I know a person with 3.8 GPA, 2 years of pharmacy tech experience, and >80% PCAT score that was not accepted into one of the schools out here. There are just more applications for fewer slots. She did get an interview, and she was ultimately accepted at a different school. (That was about 2 years ago).

That said, depending on how many places you are applying and what region you are applying in, I would be shocked if you didn’t get into a pharmacy school. You have good volunteer hours (much better than what I had when I applied) and your GPA is pretty good (lower end of average). Your GPA probably doesn’t boost your application, but I wouldn’t expect it to count against you.

I am freaking out that I will not be accepted to any pharmacy school. Please let me know what you think and if I’m just overthinking. I have a 3.4 cumulative GPA and a 3.2 Science GPA. I also volunteered at a hospital for 300 hours, I have worked as a pharmacy tech for 3 years, I was a tutor for first generation high school students for 3 years, I worked for the cultural resource centers as a part of there leadership team at my college for 4 years. I was a founder and officer for the pre pharmacy club at my college for 2 years and an officer for 2 years for the Red Cross student club at my college.

Overthinking