i am not canadian medical school graduation and i wanna ask

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aliasaskar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey as i said iam not canadian medical school graduation and my wife is canadian just i am planning to move to canda what step to be in medical system there? and shall i get residency as surgery ?is that easy to get residency there if yes i hear that its only familly medicine or internal medicine !is that right ?

Members don't see this ad.

thx for your answer in fact my Q is being IMG and married to canadian wife and after pass all step of MCCQE is that give me a chance to get residency i mean i know that hard to get residency in canada as we hear specialy surgery once ?or most possibility will be between internal medicine and familly medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm not really sure what you are trying to ask then. Yes it's hard to get a residency here. Just passing the MCCEE and MCQE1 is not going to ensure that you obtain a residency spot.

man i just ask is being my wife is canadian is that give me more chance to get residency ??
and what is residency avalible for me ?
other Q after pass all steps of MCCQE what is possible pathway beside residency ?sry for long Q

man i just ask is being my wife is canadian is that give me more chance to get residency ??

Gives you an opportunity to take the exams.

and what is residency avalible for me ?

Primary care, family medicine.

other Q after pass all steps of MCCQE what is possible pathway beside residency ?sry for long Q

No other pathway, you need to do a residency to re qualify.

No, it doesn't help that your wife is Canadian, for that matter I'm pretty sure you yourself have to be a permanent resident before you can apply.
As for what residency is available to IMG's, that you'll have to look up yourself since it's different in every province.

thank u very much for ure answers may i ask what salary may i get for primary care or in familiy medicine residency also do u thing is there any way i can get residency of any branch of surgery

First of all, it depends on where you obtained your medical degree. If it's from the US MD, then you'll have higher chance of matching for your desired residency. However if you are an IMG, you need to have MCCEE score >350 and have some clinical rotations done in Canada where you can get some LORs.

No, it doesn't help that your wife is Canadian, for that matter I'm pretty sure you yourself have to be a permanent resident before you can apply.

Being married to a Canadian is a pathway to permanent residency and that would help you.