I am hard on myself so I've got to ask (:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mangos5ever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
I recently took my DAT and I wanted to know your opinion about my bio score and it affecting my chances. I know my AA score is technically fine, but I wanted to do better (overall, not just in bio) so I am a little bummed. I felt like I could do better overall going in, but I know I am hard on myself for things so what do you all think? Our these scores still competitive? Will I have good chances?

PAT 20
QR 21
RC 19
Bio 18 (*sighs*)
GC 21
OC 24
TS 20
AA 21

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
i dont think so! a 20 TS and 21 AA are very hard scores to achieve! you've done well! hows your gpa? nonetheless, this is a very good dat score

Okay, thank you! I have a 3.62 oGPA (not sure how to calculate for science) but thats including all dental pre-req classes (which are all the harder classes I will be taking so it should go up a little), I am pretty involved in my schools pre dental clubs, i have over 100 dental volunteering/shadowing hours (I'll probably get another 100 by next summer)

Reactions: 1 users
20TS and 21AA is great, I personally don't think an 18 Bio will hold you back at all. Come August when you are in dental school you will wonder why you were being so hard on yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It won't hold you back at all. You should be good to go!

i dont think so! a 20 TS and 21 AA are very hard scores to achieve! you've done well! hows your gpa? nonetheless, this is a very good dat score

I thought this read, "I don't think a 20 TS and 21 AA are very hard scores to achieve!"

I was very confused.

Reactions: 1 user
Bio is definitely important, but your AA and TS are still plenty good to get you into school. Definitely go for it this cycle and if you don't get in, ask what you could do to improve and some may mention your Bio score. In that case, consider retaking. Though I'd be willing to bet you're solid.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile