"HY" Drugs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seminoma

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In our basic pharm/path class and we are covering antineoplastics right now. Many that aren't in FA, at least a couple dozen. I know that FA isn't a comprehensive list of drugs, not even the HY ones, but I don't think I can memorize all the drugs we're learning in class so I was wondering if there's a resource out there that is largely considered to be a (near)comprehensive list of the highest yield drugs for step 1 and beyond. Obviously I'm going to memorize every drug that's in FA, but beyond that I don't know which ones to prioritize.

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken the approach of trying to learn any drug I see in FA, Lange pharmcards, or Kaplan pharm, but I'm only 1 month into M2 and have no idea how effective this will be...

I've taken the approach of trying to learn any drug I see in FA, Lange pharmcards, or Kaplan pharm, but I'm only 1 month into M2 and have no idea how effective this will be...

What's your experience been on exams? I think our professor knows what drugs are (and are not) in FA, Lange, Kaplan, and Pharmcards and use those specifically because about 30% of our pharm questions are drugs that aren't in them. For example in a question about antimetabolites the answer was clofarabine instead of something like 5-FU, MTX, 6-MP, etc. Also what Kaplan are you referring to? KLN?

What's your experience been on exams? I think our professor knows what drugs are (and are not) in FA, Lange, Kaplan, and Pharmcards and use those specifically because about 30% of our pharm questions are drugs that aren't in them. For example in a question about antimetabolites the answer was clofarabine instead of something like 5-FU, MTX, 6-MP, etc. Also what Kaplan are you referring to? KLN?

The pharm questions we get on our in house exams are a bad litmus test because they're way too simple and test more on mechanisms and side effects than on the breadth of available drugs. I just picked these resources because they seem well reviewed and I don't want to let myself get too far down the rabbit hole of trying to learn all the drugs out there. I'll also learn specific drugs I come across when I'm studying specific diseases (anakinra in colchicine-refractory FMF, for example).

And I'm talking about the Kaplan vids/lecture notes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The pharm questions we get on our in house exams are a bad litmus test because they're way too simple and test more on mechanisms and side effects than on the breadth of available drugs. I just picked these resources because they seem well reviewed and I don't want to let myself get too far down the rabbit hole of trying to learn all the drugs out there. I'll also learn specific drugs I come across when I'm studying specific diseases (anakinra in colchicine-refractory FMF, for example).

And I'm talking about the Kaplan vids/lecture notes.

Sounds good, that's what I've been trying to do as well. Thanks!

Drugs are hard
Now that they're using brand names on the wards instead of the generic names I learned it's even harder