Hurricane Ike slowing down application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoyoraps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else's application process being affected by Hurricane Ike's destruction??? I'm quite frustrated with this natural disaster at a time like this.

I live in Texas and it's ripped my town apart, but more importantly my university is closed for a long while and I have to resend my transcripts to the optometry schools who never received them. My university is not sure when it will re-open or have any power... could take weeks they say. What should I do? Just wait huh? Should I send my opt-schools an email telling them my delay? I guess that wouldn't do anything either?

What do yall think?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else's application process being affected by Hurricane Ike's destruction??? I'm quite frustrated with this natural disaster at a time like this.

I live in Texas and it's ripped my town apart, but more importantly my university is closed for a long while and I have to resend my transcripts to the optometry schools who never received them. My university is not sure when it will re-open or have any power... could take weeks they say. What should I do? Just wait huh? Should I send my opt-schools an email telling them my delay? I guess that wouldn't do anything either?

What do yall think?

I would email the schools and update them on your situation. Most schools are understanding.

Think what happend to Tulane and their medical school when katrina hit.