Hunter msw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEM04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted into Hunter's two year full time clinical track for Fall 2014. I have a question for any current or past hunter student or simply someone who knows. As a first year new student I know I will be placed in field placement Monday, Wednesday, Friday most likely 9-5pm and will be in a classroom setting Tuesday and Thursdays. My questions is : Will I be able to enroll in any evening classes M,W,F after I complete my field placement working hours for that day?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't attend Hunter, however, if evening classes are offered you are welcome to take them. Many people in my cohort have class after field placement. If you want to take all four of your classes M,W, F, you may be hard pressed to find a variety of your foundation year courses offered in the evening. Hope this helps.

I graduated from Hunter last year. I certainly remember scheduling evening classes on field placement days. If you want to be exhausted, it's your call. ;) Also, some sites can be very flexible about your working hours. In my last semester, I did two full days and two half days at my placement because my class schedule was so crazy.

Thank you for your responses!!

I have a chance to join the CUNY Counseling Assistantship Program. This program would pay half my tuition and provide me with a part time job at a CUNY campus, but they require me to work for them at least 15 hours a week. My plan was to work for CUNY CAP Tuesday and Thursday 9:00-5:00pm and attend evening classes Tuesday, Thursday or some days after my field placement or Saturday.

QUERK: Did you have any problems with the schools or advisors for taking classes on your field placement evenings. As a new student did you have to wait until orientation in August to register or were you able to do that on your own?