HSPS Air Force Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSurfer

Cheeeeeze
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the Air Force give priority to people married with spouses that also have a career?

I'm interested in the program but don't have the freedom of just going off to wherever "i have to" which makes me hesitant to consider it.

Has anyone else had this kind of situation? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Does the Air Force give priority to people married with spouses that also have a career?

I'm interested in the program but don't have the freedom of just going off to wherever "i have to" which makes me hesitant to consider it.

Has anyone else had this kind of situation? :confused:

No. Your situation is not unique, however, our assignments officers will work with you as much as possible. In the end, though, needs of the Air Force will prevail.

Our assignments people are very accommodating, but can't always make exceptions. PM me with more specifics on your situation and I'll try to be more helpful.

i am married too, and this question weighed heavily on my mind. I talked with my spouse and we came to the decision that ultimately she will follow me where the air force takes us. And if I get deployed, that this is simply part of the agreement. Right now, she has a great job and loves it, but we will go where the AF sends us. I think both of you have to be on board with the decision and must be willing to go whatever

I know this doesn't really help the OP, but for others who are wondering about this same question who have 4-6 years before dental school committment starts this might help. If you are thinking that the military could be a career choice for you, your spouse is still in school and is still deciding on what field they want to go into, picking a field that interests them and is always in demand really helps when moving. My wife is a pharmacist. Although she has a great job at a very good hospital (which will be hard to leave the job when I graduate), she will be able to get a job pretty much anywhere CONUS and even OCONUS is the local military hospital hires civilians.

My point is you cannot plan on the military helping you out based on your spouse's career. Sometimes, they will do their best to help, but in the end it comes down to the needs of the military. So if your family plans a life in the military, your spouse can get work pretty much anywhere if they chose a career where there is a need pretty much anywhere.