HS records for med application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jon Ofalltrades

The Doctor - Luke Fildes
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, by the sound of the thread title, it sounds like an already answered question ......but this is a weird scenario. I'd appreciate any input. Here it goes:

I took 2 community college courses in 9th grade (did well). For my senior year in high school, I transferred to a small out of state private school and graduated high school there, and only received 2 copies of my official high school transcript (I gave one to my community college-the same one I took the 2 courses at- and one to my current university when I transferred).

Now, the problem is that the high school shut down a few years ago, and the records went down with it.... neither the old high school registrar, or the accreditation commission has a trace of my high school records, so I cannot get my hands on another official HS transcript.

So I got worried when I read on the forum that medical schools will want your official high school transcript if you took college classes as a high school student....
Is this going to be a problem when I apply to medical schools?

If any of you took community college credits in high school, then applied to medical schools after college, please tell me if anything regarding sending in high school records came up in the application.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They only want the college transcript where you took those courses, not the high school transcript. So contact the community college and get the transcript from them.

Reactions: 1 user
They only want the college transcript where you took those courses, not the high school transcript. So contact the community college and get the transcript from them.
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user