Army HPSP Tattoo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flossiraptor863

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm applying for the 4-yr Army HPSP. My physical is done, medical records done, etc. I'm considering getting a tattoo. When would I/should I get it done?

I'm not in a rush but I don't want to hold off on getting it forever if I don't have to.

Members don't see this ad.

The tattoo wouldn't violate any size/location/detail regs, I just don't know whether I need to have it approved or whether I just go ahead with it or really what I do, since my paperwork shows that I have no tattoos.

Members don't see this ad :)
I vaguely remember having to sign some kind of paper for the Navy about not getting a tattoo. I emailed the people in charge of the HPSP program a few months ago though and they basically just gave me those guidelines that you can find online and said to use good judgement about it. So I'm not saying you can, but they told me I could. I would email them so you can at least have some kind of documentation in case it gets brought up later.

I probably should've checked there before I posted here. I talked to my recruiter and it's taken care of. Thanks all.

Reactions: 1 user