HPSP question, retroactive tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makushin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had to wait until Oct 1 to get the 4 year HPSP because they were all gone for 08. I'm about to commission, and they are still supposed to pay for this semester and fees. The HPSP contract says something that makes this questionable.

Can anyone verify that I should be paid retroactively for this semester as long as I commission before the end of the semester?

Members don't see this ad.

I had to wait until Oct 1 to get the 4 year HPSP because they were all gone for 08. I'm about to commission, and they are still supposed to pay for this semester and fees. The HPSP contract says something that makes this questionable.

Can anyone verify that I should be paid retroactively for this semester as long as I commission before the end of the semester?

Which service are you asking?

i've never heard of this for the Army. i have heard of scholarships that cover half of a year - after you are commissioned, but not retroactively. i could be wrong - i've just not seen it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by my Navy recruiter that as long as I was commissioned before the end of the semester, they would still pay for this current semester. I haven't seen any official paperwork though, so I can't guarantee it, but that's what I was told too. Let me know if you find out otherwise.