All Branch Topic (ABT) HPSP Letter of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinwheeels

MWU-AZ c/o 2023
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've asked my science professor (who is a huge supporter of all our active military and veteran students) if he would not only write my LOR for DS, but also for the HSPS. He was thrilled that I'm applying for it and agreed to write that one too. However, he's requested to know if there's a different format to writing that letter or if it can be the same as the one he's writing for my DS application? Obviously he would tweak it to address it to the military dental corps vs dental school, but is there anything different he needs to ensure is in his letter? Does anyone have any sample LORs that were written for their HSPS applications they would be willing to send me? He requested to see a sample letter himself so he has a better idea on whether he wants to adjust his letter to a great extent.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've asked my science professor (who is a huge supporter of all our active military and veteran students) if he would not only write my LOR for DS, but also for the HSPS. He was thrilled that I'm applying for it and agreed to write that one too. However, he's requested to know if there's a different format to writing that letter or if it can be the same as the one he's writing for my DS application? Obviously he would tweak it to address it to the military dental corps vs dental school, but is there anything different he needs to ensure is in his letter? Does anyone have any sample LORs that were written for their HSPS applications they would be willing to send me? He requested to see a sample letter himself so he has a better idea on whether he wants to adjust his letter to a great extent.

Ask him to comment on your leadership, initiative, ability to work in a team, drive, motivation, how you tackle adversity, etc. if you can. That's what I did with my letter writers.

To further help, I gave them a copy of my resume to show what I was involved with, a copy of my personal statement to show my motivation, etc.