HPSP Effected by Economy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coastal1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a first year dental student and I had just signed my contract with the Air Force for the three year HPSP Scholarship. Since the economy is in a pretty bad shape, and the government is in a major debt, I am wondering if it will effect the military and HPSP?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a first year dental student and I had just signed my contract with the Air Force for the three year HPSP Scholarship. Since the economy is in a pretty bad shape, and the government is in a major debt, I am wondering if it will effect the military and HPSP?

In what way are you asking? If you are asking whether it will affect your specific HPSP scholarship, I don't think so. I asked the Navy that question when I signed up and they said that the funds were allocated for entire scholorships, not on a annual basis.

Your scholarship is secure - these are funds that are budgeted for in advance. The effect is - many more people are interested now that the economy is this way - increased demand = more competion.