HPSP and school scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aceofspades

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you get a scholarship from a school and receive a military HPSP would your school rescind your scholarship? Does it depend on the size of the scholarship and/or cost of attendance?

Members don't see this ad.

If you get a scholarship from a school and receive a military HPSP would your school rescind your scholarship? Does it depend on the size of the scholarship and/or cost of attendance?

It depends on the school's scholarship and if they have any stipulations attached to it. Most scholarships that are not 'need basis' allow for other scholarships to be taken concurrently with other scholarships unless there is a stipulation that states otherwise. You just need to talk to the financial aid office of the school you have been accepted to and talk it over with them and see how a military scholarship would affect you.

I got a $6000 merit scholarship from my school that they just gave me a check for, so it's definitely a possibility.