HPSP 3-year question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJ_Doc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone!

I applied for the Army 4 year hpsp this cycle and was late in the process so I missed the deadline for Navy and Airforce. I was put on the OML list for Army so I am planning on applying to the 3-year airforce and navy this year. I actually did my commissioning physical at West Point instead of a MEPS location because it was close to my house and what my recruiter suggested (which I know now is not common) so my question is will I have to go to MEPS again in order to get the phsyical for airforce and navy? I actually don't have copies of the documents I had filled out during my physical so I am trying to get those from my recruiter now but I am not sure if they would qualify since it wasn't from MEPS. Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will be fine. I did physical at near Army base instead of MEPS, and I had no problem of applying AF HPSP with the documents given from Army. Just tell them you need it to apply for different branch.

Reactions: 1 user
The Navy has not offered 3 year scholarships to people who did not apply for the 4 year scholarship in awhile. Apparently the Air Force has 10 or 15 three year scholarships that is open to anyone.

I did my physical for the Army and sent it over to the Navy. The Air Force however, said I would have to go through MEPs. I did something similar to you it sounds like. A commissioning physical at the near by Army base.

Double check though, but this is what I was told.

Reactions: 1 user