HPSP $20k sign on Bonus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Puddin09'

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am applying for Army and Navy HPSP and wondering whether accepting the 20k bonus for Army will bind me to the Army program even if I get accepted to the Navy after. Should I reject the 20k army bonus in hopes that I get into Navy HPSP? Or can I sign for the Army bonus and go Navy if I get accepted there as well? I haven't received a 20k bonus document for the Navy HPSP yet, although I am expecting this to come as well.

Members don't see this ad.

You will not get the bonus for either branch until you commission and start school, meaning you’ll have to choose which scholarship to accept long before you get any money.

Reactions: 1 users
Calling it a "signing bonus" is inaccurate. Sure that's the reason you get the bonus, but it doesn't show up until months after you've started school. Accepted the bonus in either case, there are no repercussions with the 4-year scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user
Calling it a "signing bonus" is inaccurate. Sure that's the reason you get the bonus, but it doesn't show up until months after you've started school. Accepted the bonus in either case, there are no repercussions with the 4-year scholarship.
They'll also be happy to take taxes out of that bonus...

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 user