Howd you guys feel about the 2015 apmle1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lifeisg00d

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think i got a 50-55% on this exam .... I found a few questions where i either didnt know what they were asking or I felt like the question is just wrong. Sighhh i hope the rumors of if you get a 50% you passed thing is true :\

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I felt the same way. Some of the questions I had no clue what they were asking. I feel like it's a joke. Some of the names of structures I was asked about I had never heard of before because my professors never used it.

There was a structure on mine that even google can't find.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if anyone recognized this, but on my prometrics account, I was able to to see the UNOFFICIAL test ressult. I know that everything is unofficial until our schools gives us our result, but anyone know the reliability of this unofficial test result?

And I felt terrible walking out as well. I couldn't even remember any of the questions after I took the exam. Hope we all passed.

That was a hot mess haha. Anyone else have an idea on the prometric site saying whether you passed or not? I know the official results come out July 29, 2015.

can anyone confirm the "unofficial" results have any kind of accuracy? mine says passed... does anyone have something else?

can anyone confirm the "unofficial" results have any kind of accuracy? mine says passed... does anyone have something else?
also that test was either an easy question or I was like wtf... im feeling about the same percentage wise

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone recognized this, but on my prometrics account, I was able to to see the UNOFFICIAL test ressult. I know that everything is unofficial until our schools gives us our result, but anyone know the reliability of this unofficial test result?

And I felt terrible walking out as well. I couldn't even remember any of the questions after I took the exam. Hope we all passed.
Everyone I have asked so far says theirs says passed... hopefully accurate?

That was the most challenging test of my life. Plenty of things on the test that my professors or First Aid did not cover. Maybe the schools use different terms for the different structures?

Last year's exam contained a reference to a lower limb structure (some minor facet) that DMU doesn't teach. I spoke to our anatomy professor about it - it wasn't listed in any of his textbooks. I eventually found it in an orthopedic surgery book where they described it as previously believed to have a purpose, but now known to be without any function.

I had the exact same question asked 3 times. It came up 2 times in a row and then again 3-4 questions later. I wasn't 100% on the answer but I stuck to my guns and kept the same answer every time, so hopefully I get that one right haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same with the repeat questions. Wtf is up with our exam? I feel like the bulletin did not represent my exam at all. Heavy on certain things that weren't supposed to be tested greatly and barely any on the higher % topics.

I know a couple of people that unofficially failed. I would ignore the unofficial scores. A pass could be a pass and a fail could be a fail. It depends on what questions they throw out.

what is this unofficial results you all speak of. it did not exist when I took this horrible exam.

The prometric site released scores within 24 hours after taking the test. Most had a passed score, while some received a Failed. This was addressed by a school. Within the next day the scores were removed and everyone was told to ignore the scores.

I know a couple of people that unofficially failed. I would ignore the unofficial scores. A pass could be a pass and a fail could be a fail. It depends on what questions they throw out.

That's not exactly how it works, there is a pre-determined passing score prior to administration of the test. It's not graded on a curve and in theory 100% of people can pass or fail. The questions that are used as a part of your pass/fail score have already been validated and they don't really "throw out" those questions. That being said, good luck everyone.

The question is how will we truly know until there is more transparency in Podiatry.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Hopefully we all get a "Pass"!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Well I guess we all have to wait until tomorrow to see our board results. Thanks Prometric!

Well I guess we all have to wait until tomorrow to see our board results. Thanks Prometric!

I'm guessing this isn't Prometric's fault. What a year for part 1; can I have my money back please?

Reactions: 1 users
Can podiatry ever get anything right? This is a joke, they've had our scores for how long? They must be still trying to figure out how to not get sued by students who are gonna go from a "pass" to "fail".

This is the transparency I was talking about. Can we not communicate better in this field? The APMLE has not commented on the "unofficial" scores that were released a day after the exam. They choose to not inform us that scores will not be released the day that they say they will. Multiple spelling errors on a boards exam. How unprofessional can this get at this level in schooling. $900 for this is just a joke! Can we request a refund?

So the results are "official; a couple unanswered questions remain:

Did anyone who saw a PASS the day after the test ultimately get a FAIL?
Did anyone who saw a FAIL the day after the test ultimately get a PASS?

So the results are "official; a couple unanswered questions remain:

Did anyone who saw a PASS the day after the test ultimately get a FAIL?
Did anyone who saw a FAIL the day after the test ultimately get a PASS?

After talking to some of my classmates, the answer is yes to both questions.

It's a bittersweet day knowing you passed but hearing friends didn't.

I haven't heard of any of those stats being given out yet.

Early unofficial word from KSUCPM is that 24 kids have failed. That would leave 87/111 as passing with a first time pass rate of 78% for the class of 2017. Not ideal.

So
AZPOD = 0
Barry = ?
western = ?
Samuel Merritt = ?
NY = ?
Temple= ?
Kent St = 24
School = ?
DMU = ?

Pass rate 84.6%
If 585 students took exam, 90 failed.

Yeah chatter at TUSPM that for 17... No dice. 21% failure rate at TUSPM, not too good.
Hope everyone did alright
For AZPOD good for them, I would hope though only 30 it should not be too big of a deal to get to 100%

Yeah chatter at TUSPM that for 17... No dice. 21% failure rate at TUSPM, not too good.
Hope everyone did alright
For AZPOD good for them, I would hope though only 30 it should not be too big of a deal to get to 100%

Not to be rude, but what does class size have to do with it "not being a big deal" to get 100%?

The point of boards is to provide an equal ground for all schools, is it not?

A 100% is a 100% and is what every school should hope to have regardless of class size.

If those 30 students got a 100% pass rate, then they worked hard to get it and absolutely deserve it.

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but what does class size have to do with it "not being a big deal" to get 100%?

A 100% is a 100% and is what every school should hope to have regardless of class size.

If those 30 students got a 100% pass rate, then they worked hard to get it and absolutely deserve it.

Because there is a limited number of qualified applicants seeking entrance into Podiatry school every year. Any school who takes 80+ students every year is bound to have lower part I pass rates (this has never been untrue historically). Saying this is "a rough year for KSCPM" isn't true at all, they wind up with a first time pass rate for part I in the 70's% regularly. This is their norm and always will be until they tighten up admission standards. The larger schools take a handful of kids every year that are destined to fail classes/boards/rotations simply so they can fill seats. AZPOD and DMU would not have near 100% pass rates every year if they too, irresponsibly, took 100 students.

So yeah, good for AZPOD, but it isn't a big deal. Every school in the country had 30 students who passed boards. When I was at DMU it wasn't a big deal when all 50+ of us passed boards first time around either...

Reactions: 3 users
NYCPM had a 91% pass rate for first time APMLE boards part I test takers. 88 of us passed and only 9 failed on the first attempt.

WesternU first time pass rate was 80.5%(29/36).

Barry had a first time pass rate of 90%. (46/51)

The more people you send to take the boards part one you are naturally going to have more fails pop up, sort of a law of large numbers argument. With other schools sending roughly 3x the candidates taking the boards, you should expect 3x the candidates, if not more as schools with 100+ students will take more people less likely to be successful in the program in order to fill those seats.
I congratulate you and your colleagues at AZPOD for getting boards in one shot, I just do not think passing like that is really that big of a deal given the small class size
BTW I have heard several schools do something that you have to pass a "pretest" so to be speak before they allow you to actually sign up for boards. At TUSPM we are given 2 practice board exams, but your results do not matter at all. Do other schools do this where you have to show a minimum performance before they let you register.

azpod has nothing you describe. that being said, I hope that whose who didn't pass are able to get through it in October or whenever it is.

Last edited: