Howard v. GWU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cardinal08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

would very much appreciate any insights into either Howard or GWU. I'm having a hard time with the decision. I much prefer Howard's curriculum (organ system based ~8-1) v. GWU (traditional, a lot of lecture time). Howard is also about 10K cheaper. GWU has more focus on international opportunities and possibly stronger clinical rotations (students rotate through more hospitals; GWU hospital is a nicer/newer than Howard). Students at both schools seemed pretty happy and low key. Grading systems are similar.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

personally i think both schools are good. I'm a Howard student, so I may be biased. But I have a friend of mine who got into both Howard and GWU, and came to Howard, but at times complains about Howard and says she wishes she went to GWU instead. I think that you may find GWU to be better endowed and able to offer you more in terms of organized clinical opportunities. Howard's weakness is that the administration seems to be disorganized. But students do well because there is ample faculty support, and the faculty and curriculum is constantly being improved and made more efficient for student learning and success. Compared to GWU though, Howard doesn't have a lot of money.

Here is Howard's class of 2011 match list nevertheless:
http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/HRM/cpages/chapter/chapterpage.jsp?chapter=64&org=HRM

Status
Not open for further replies.