Howard University Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: Howard University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Howard University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Howard University College of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.24
Science GPA: 3.13
DAT: 18.2AA, 18.2TS, 17.6PAT
Applied: 961
OOS: 918 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 119 Accepted
IS: 1 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 1 Accepted
International: 42 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 5 Accepted
# Enrolled: 65
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.29
Science GPA: 3.15
DAT: 18.3AA, 18.4TS, 18.1PAT
Applied: 718
OOS: 660 Applied, 144 Accepted
IS: 1 Applied, 0 Accepted
International: 57 Applied, 6 Accepted
# Enrolled: 66
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.50-3.97
Overall: 2.75-3.98

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else having trouble with the website? There wasn't any option to submit the supplemental payment, but I received an email saying that I did.

Anyone else having trouble with the website? There wasn't any option to submit the supplemental payment, but I received an email saying that I did.
It was fine when I submitted mine on Aug. 16th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too am having trouble as I've submitted mine on 8/16. However the main page for the applicant portal says I additionally submitted another application the previous day on Tuesday Aug 15, titled "Doctorate in Dental Surgery - Professional - College of Dentistry - 2024 Fall - Dentistry". I never submitted an application on Aug 15. I've emailed multiple times to verify but I'm not getting responses.

Did anyone else have their status on the portal change? My status went from “Received/ App Complete” to “None”

Did anyone else have their status on the portal change? My status went from “Received/ App Complete” to “None”
mine did not change.. it still says Received/Application Complete.
Let me know if you guys receive an interview invite !
They should send out interviews starting this week right?

mine did not change.. it still says Received/Application Complete.
Let me know if you guys receive an interview invite !
They should send out interviews starting this week right?

I hope soon!

Interview #2

School: Howard University

Notification date: 9/13/23

Method of notification: Email

Residency: OOS

AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14/23

Application complete date: 8/17/23

GPA (science, overall): Masters 3.6, 3.6

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/19/no

Your interview date: 9/23/23

Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Didn’t receive an invite, but that could also be because I didn’t pay the fee until almost a month later. The website wasn’t working for me and delayed my application unfortunately.

Congrats to those who got an interview!

Got an interview invite today as well!

Interview #1
School:
Howard University
Notification date: 9/13/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/05/23
Application complete date: 8/17/23 (submitted supplemental application fee)
Interview Date: 9/23/23
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 2.77 BS 3.85 Masters, Overall: 3.85, Masters (Science Education)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 19 TS, 20 RCT, 17 PAT, 22 GC
Method of interview: Virtual (Zoom)

Last edited:
How many will be interviewing this Saturday with me? How are you all feeling about it? Anyone heard of some questions that they ask and the interview style?

After paying the supplemental fee, I received an email saying:

"Please be sure to submit your supplemental application after making your payment. Receipt of these two items will move your application forward to the Admissions Committee for review."

But the supplemental application was just the responses to the questions asked on the AADSAS portal right? We've technically submitted our application to the school and our secondaries at the same time?

Members don't see this ad :)

"Please be sure to submit your supplemental application after making your payment. Receipt of these two items will move your application forward to the Admissions Committee for review."

But the supplemental application was just the responses to the questions asked on the AADSAS portal right? We've technically submitted our application to the school and our secondaries at the same time?

There is a second and separate part to the supplemental which is to pay a fee of $75. You should have received an email with a link to pay the fee and that would complete your application for review.

Reactions: 1 user

How many will be interviewing this Saturday with me? How are you all feeling about it? Anyone heard of some questions that they ask and the interview style?
Hey sorry for the late reply! I am interviewing at 9:30 am what’s your time? I’m pretty nervous but I’ve printed out 35 questions they have asked in the past and I’ve answered them. So I’m planning on just being my self and preparing for the questions as best as I can

Hey sorry for the late reply! I am interviewing at 9:30 am what’s your time? I’m pretty nervous but I’ve printed out 35 questions they have asked in the past and I’ve answered them. So I’m planning on just being my self and preparing for the questions as best as I can

At 9:30 am as well. We got this!

how did the interviews go for those who had them this weekend?!

I think it was very conversational. They honestly want to get to know you asides from your app. It was a long day though!

how did the interviews go for those who had them this weekend?!
The interview was extremely relaxed and conversational. It was more like getting to know each other. They truely want to know you as a person. The questions were very straightforward. And many questions were piggybacked off of prior answers. I advise it to be completely yourself, keep smiling, and be ready for a long day!

I think it was very conversational. They honestly want to get to know you asides from your app. It was a long day though!
Hi! Congrats on your interview! What did the day consist of that made it such a long day?

Has there been any recent interview invites?
I got an interview invite this evening

Hi! Congrats on your interview! What did the day consist of that made it such a long day?

Thanks. Basically you start the day with intros (admissions, student panel, interviewees), a virtual tour, then you spend most of the day with dental students asking them questions. Others will break off into their interview rooms during different times. It’s not bad at all. Be yourself!

Nontraditional

App Submitted: 8/17
Finalized: 9/12(hounded LORs since June...smh)

DAT: 20AA, TS18, 17BIO, 18GC, 19OC, 26R, 20QR, 17PAT
Overall GPA: 3.15
Science: 2.97

Interview Invite: 10/10
Dates: 10/14(Virtual)

Interview was chill. Took about 3 hours on a Saturday morning. You can field questions for the dental students while you are waiting on your interview, or after. Had a student and faculty interview me.

I will say make sure y'all smile a bit. I know it is nerve racking, but I was the only one and I think that's a bit sad. Getting an interview is a good thing and should be celebrated. Good luck out there.

Edit: Didn't give gpa context. Got burned out in undergrad and made some mistakes. Ended up teaching for a few years and doing a post bacc(3.5) and smedp(B-Recommended)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Good luck tomorrow to everyone who interviewed!

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody received anything yet ? I stayed up last night thinking it would be midnight 🥹

Anybody received anything yet ? I stayed up last night thinking it would be midnight 🥹
No I havent received anything either. I am so nervous I have never felt this nervous in my life. Its past 8am and still nothing my heart feels like its playing the snare drums.

Reactions: 2 users
No I havent received anything either. I am so nervous I have never felt this nervous in my life. Its past 8am and still nothing my heart feels like its playing the snare drums.
Nothing here either. I hope they send something soon!

Accepted at 12:55pm!!!!

Looks like I have a few classmates in here…. Hey HUCD C/O 2028! 👋🏾

• Love
HUCD CLASS OF 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe