Howard U GPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihaterain123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much information regarding this program... Can anyone share anything about their experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed there last year, didn't match. (I'm international tho, so that probably impacts that as well).
PD Dr.King seemed to be a nice. 2x residents a year, previous residents told me they got a decent mix of clinic and er experience (imf, lac repairs). A lot of the clinic patients are HU employees, so there's that.
GPR shares a clinic space with OMS, resident had it that if you're on good terms with the OS residents, they'll let you do a bony every now and then.
The clinic is a little dated but gets the job done. Don't remember seeing a CT and resident said there's not a whole lot of new tech.
ER call schedule is balanced and not overwhelming, resident said Dr.King takes it easy if you're post call and back in the clinic. Don't remember how much they paid but it was in the 45-50k ballpark.
Not too far from the interesting parts of DC. Decent program, nice city. It's a good program if you really want a gpr.

Interviewed there last year, didn't match. (I'm international tho, so that probably impacts that as well).
PD Dr.King seemed to be a nice. 2x residents a year, previous residents told me they got a decent mix of clinic and er experience (imf, lac repairs). A lot of the clinic patients are HU employees, so there's that.
GPR shares a clinic space with OMS, resident had it that if you're on good terms with the OS residents, they'll let you do a bony every now and then.
The clinic is a little dated but gets the job done. Don't remember seeing a CT and resident said there's not a whole lot of new tech.
ER call schedule is balanced and not overwhelming, resident said Dr.King takes it easy if you're post call and back in the clinic. Don't remember how much they paid but it was in the 45-50k ballpark.
Not too far from the interesting parts of DC. Decent program, nice city. It's a good program if you really want a gpr.
When did they send out interview invites? I’m still waiting and haven’t heard anything