Howard Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

da---realist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who will be going to Howard in the Fall..where are you planning on living? Does anyone know of any good place to stay in Hyatttsville, MD? Looking forward to seeing some of you in the Fall.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question. where to stay that is close to Howard?

-Thanks
Andy

I don't know if you are familiar with the area but some parts of Hyattsville are pretty rough. I asked one of my family members who lived in Hyattsville for over four years. She use to live in a high-rise apartment called 2400 (or 2100--couldn't quite remember) Queens Chapel Road. The name has changed but that was the address. She suggest NOT to move into this complex because things have really gone down in that immediate area. Her suggestion was to maybe look closer to the U. of MD where they have nicer apartments (off of Rt. 193) or even look more towards the Catholic University area. She was at Howard for 8 years so she has a pretty good sense of the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
why don't you post your stats!

Do you guys know about the accreditation status of Howard U? It seems like alot of people are concerned about this. This is the only school I have gotten an interview from.
Thnks

If u are lookign for where to stay, i'd advise staying in an area in DC cos its mostly a walkable distance to metro. u can find a house near Florida ave, U street or Columbia rd (Alcazar apts) ( mostly student areas). U can also find living anywhere in NW (mostly preferably because its really far from SE) or SW DC (Please keep away from anything "east" NE and SE mostly the SE area. Keep away from the SW closer to SE). Hyattsville is a very big area with about 5 different zip codes. The area Queens Chapel isnt nice at all. Plenty of crimes and recently more rapes in the area (no offense to those that are there).

Hope u understand the first part

Don't worry about Howard's accrediation status! Howard is one of the oldest. Their pass rate was really high last year. Two of the pharmacist I worked with just graduated from Howard. They are extremely competent.

In regard to the original question, there are plenty of apartments for rent in the Silver Spring area. It's a great place to live, too.

Btw, congrats for getting in you guys!!! Don't worry about the negativities surrounding Howard.

Congratulations to those of you who have already been accepted!!

I have an interview with them on JAn 17th, and I am soooo nervous, it's my first interview!

Any tips/suggestions? I would so very grateful, thanks :oops: