How would grad plus look at charged off settled vs charged off paid??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metformin800

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have contacted school, credit report agency and studentaid .gov regarding this but no one seems to know answer for this, they have been giving me numbers of places but no luck, so i thought to post here in hope that some of you might have run in similar problem.

So i have two charged off credit card accounts from 2013 sitting in my credit report, recently debt collectors for both cards have reached out to me on setttlement. I am okay paying them in full the settlement offer but i am afraid it will do more damage to my credit report which will hinder my chances even more to get approved for loan. I think lender wouldn't like someone who paid less than what they actually owe ..

Do you think i should pay off in full or at least get in some payment plan intending to pay up all debt. I can pay up one card up fornt and can also offer 35% balance +payment plan on other card.

I haven't applied for loan yet and i want to take this steps before i apply so..

Can taking this steps will help me get approved or it wont make difference??????

Members don't see this ad.