How was NPTE April 30th Exam? Easy , medium or hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NPTE exam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gave on April 30th, i mean today? How will you rate this?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say its typical exam but little bit hard.. more difficult for intervention for me. keeping my finger cross.

I felt it was very hard............feedback pls

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it was very lengthy,and very very tiring.

It was definitely more difficult then most of the practice exams I've taken. I felt there was a ton of peds but maybe it just seemed that way cause it's my weakest area. It's going to be a long week until the scores come out.

I have to say that the April 30th exam felt pretty "medium" to me. Of course I am still having the nightmares about not passing, but overall I felt the exam was fair.

When it comes to preparing for boards, I have to agree with the frequent advice I was given about the PEAT prep questions being reflective of the NPTE. I thought that the format and overall breakdown of questions on the board exam was well-reflected in my PEAT practice tests. Interventions were hardest for me also, but this was the case on my practice exams as well.

I will agree that is it quite lengthy though...the last section of 50 about did me in...

Also, as a sidenote, does anybody know where on the FSBPT website we can get our scores when they are released? Is it going to be under the "Status of My Requests" page?

Yes, our scores will be posted under the Staus of My request by May 7th.

Hope everybody will pass!!!

Pretty tough. Was so drained afterward.

I am so anxious for scores to be posted!

Yes, our scores will be posted under the Staus of My request by May 7th.

Are you sure it will be posted there? My letter says it won't be posted until ten business days. On May 7th, they report to the jurisdiction. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is what a friend of mine told me when he took the exam on January 29th. He found out his results at midnight 7 days later.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, the status has updated! Passed! It tells you only if you passed or didn't pass. What the score report is is the actual breakdown of your score telling you how you actually ranked on the 800 scale. That is what comes out after 10 days.

Yessssss....I'm sooooo happy....The Status of My Request says PASSED....Good luck to the rest of you...This is great!!!!

Are you sure the results are out? I'm in CST but I still don't see a result.

My status didn't update at midnight. I found out this morning I passed. woohoooo

Passed!

Thank goodness because I don't think I could have handled anymore studying lol.

Congrats to everyone who passed :)

Hello everyone, congratulations to all of you who passed. I missed by 1 point.. any suggestions. would be really greatful.

Thanks

Congratulations to all those who passed :thumbup:

Unfortunately I was not able to crack it :( I want some suggestions and inputs on how to study and whether i should go for July or October !!

PLEASE HELP !!

For those that passed. What helped you the most? As in particular books to study from, review courses, etc.

For those that passed. What helped you the most? As in particular books to study from, review courses, etc.

In regards to what helped me, first of all, I took the TherapyEd course paid by my school in December. From this course, I got some tips about how to study and the O'Sullivan book and course manual. I read the O'Sullivan book and course manual cover to cover. It took me approximately 1 ½ months to finish them. Then I took 9 practice tests (3 O’Sullivan, 1 from the course manual, 3 Scorebuilder and 2 PEATs practice tests) in a period of 9 weeks. I took each test every Sunday and then my group and I met each week to go over the tests and analyze each question including each answer choice (we discussed the rationale for the correct answer as well as why the other options were incorrect).

Two weeks before the April 30th exam, we stop meeting and each of us took the PEATs and studied independently. I truly believe that PEATs was the best investment I made and to me it was the major reason why I was able to pass the exam. As soon as I finished the 1st PEAT, I reviewed every single question and rationale that was included in the exam. The PEATs is AWESOME because unlike O’Sullivan it provides a reference list with page numbers for each question. When I reviewed every single question, I would grab the book referenced for that particular question and study from that particular book. By the time I was done reviewing each of the 200 PEAT questions in the 1st and 2nd practice tests, I felt that I used all the books that I purchased from the beginning of my program. Reviewing the PEATs this way definitely forces one to literally go over all the books which I felt made a major difference in understanding how questions are asked, what is the key term for each question, and how to rationalize each answer choice. I feel that the PEAT goes a step higher in difficulty compared to O’Sullivan and the PEATs is definitely very closely related to how questions are asked in the actual exam.

The books that I constantly used for my review and were very helful include: Therapeutic Excercise by Colby and Kisner, Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapist by Goodman and Snyder, Dutton and MacGuee Books, Physical Rehabilitation by O'Sullivan. However, I pretty much used all the books that I purchased throughout my program for reference.

TherapyEd O'Sullivan, Pathology: Implications for the Physical Therapist.