How useful is enrolling for Kaplan for Part I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ritudoc04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Advice needed----is self-study sufficient for Part I or joining the Kaplan coaching helps?

Is there someone who prepared for Part I by joining up the Kaplan course?? Please advice....

Members don't see this ad.

hi ritudoc04,
i did go to kaplan for part1 prep as i cd not study at home!but its difft for every1 u do get a good study envt there & u have some video tapes ,the one for dental anat & occln is especially good.they also have reference books & some practise papers with explanations.
for me it worked out good b'coz i was very indisciplined ,so this brought some seriousness lookin at all those usmile students workin their brains out!
so decide what might work out best for u.
all the best!

ritudoc i did not enroll in the kaplan classes but i think its an individual choice. if u feel it will help build a routine and get u in the mood to study then go ahead. i am the sort of person who can only study at home and cant really manage to concentrate elsewhere too much.

make a choice based on ur own way of studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot pearlindia & toothmail !

Hi, ritudoc4
Do let us know whether you have enrolled in kaplan ( Part1)and how do you find the environment at the kaplan center...and also about the materials that they provide..so that others may take your advice and decide.
Thanks
Jeevan:)

Hii Jeevan,

I haven't yet decided if I am joining the Kaplan coaching....So please don't bank on me to tell u the materials they would be providing...

I guess u could call them up and ask for the information u want....

This might help....

Hii Jeevan,

I haven't yet decided if I am joining the Kaplan coaching....So please don't bank on me to tell u the materials they would be providing...

I guess u could call them up and ask for the information u want....

This might help....

hi

i had taken kaplan for part 1 coz i had gratudated from dentla shcool in 99 so i was out of touch ,and did not know from where to start so kaplan really helped me in that it gave me a direction and the enviroment in kaplan also made me study lookin at the usmle students giving their best like pearl india said.and i personally feel the testpapers n their explantions were pretty good.

so what i would say is it again depends upon each indiviual and how confident heor she is in the subject .

Hi,

Thanks Ritudoc04 and rams ..about kaplan .
Jeevan