how to work in Canada if I will study medicine in Turkey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Noura

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have graduated from high school and I want to study Medicine in Istanbul, Turkey
for some reasons:
1- tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses will be free.
2-Education in Turkey has a good reputation.
3- my family isn't rich.

But the language of study at university will be Turkish. I want to know how I can work in Canada if I learn all subjects in Turkish. I don't mean how to communicate with patients only? I mean how to be in a medical environment and deal with all the staff at hospitals using medical terminologies which I will have studied them in Turkish? How I can overcome this obstacle and be able to work in Canada. Are there certain procedures or courses to enable me and qualify me to work as a general doctor in Canada?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone help me and give me some answers ?

Generally, you will have to do residency in US or Canada to practice in Canada. You need to be a Canadian citizen or PR to do residency in Canada.

Members don't see this ad :)
To add onto this, if you don't have a PR/Canadian citizenship, then how would you go about practicing in Canada? Would you have to do your residency in the US instead?