How to update schools about grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piglet2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How should I go about updating schools about this fall semester grades? Do I need to send an unofficial transcript?

This is for MD schools that are silent (complete in late July)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m planning to send update letters to those receptive, but would also like to know if an unofficial transcript is in order

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent update letters or posted my update in the section of the portal if the school's portal had such a section.

I don't think unofficial transcripts are required....seems like just more paperwork for someone in the admissions office to have to go through. If you lied about your grades on an update letter and ended up getting accepted and then had to submit your official transcript.....well, I don't think that would end well ha

In the past I have known people to attach a transcript to an email but write the grade updates in the text of it. That way if they want to check they can, but not necessary.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d just send an email personally. Maybe attack’s a PDF of your updated unofficial transcript if you want, but in my limited experience it’s not necessary.