How to spend last few days before exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldengate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After many, many months of study, down to the last few days...getting ready for what better be my final attempt, successful of course, at Step 2 CK. What should I do now? I was planning to review all my notes from UW and look over FA and perhaps do the practice test/tutorial given to you when you register. Sound good? Did you wish you had studied more or less in your final stretch? Or did you just let your brain chill so it's not fried going into the exam? Any insight is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

goldengate said:
After many, many months of study, down to the last few days...getting ready for what better be my final attempt, successful of course, at Step 2 CK. What should I do now? I was planning to review all my notes from UW and look over FA and perhaps do the practice test/tutorial given to you when you register. Sound good? Did you wish you had studied more or less in your final stretch? Or did you just let your brain chill so it's not fried going into the exam? Any insight is appreciated.
I thought the rapid review in FA was helpful. I don't have a great memory so some of this was good for last min review. I also did missed questions on UW from sections that have the most missed questions. I definitely thought that helped.

Here was my study schedule:
7 days before: NMBE 1
6: Tutor mode of NMS CD and UW for weakest subjects from NMBE (about 75-100 questions total)
5: NMBE 2
4: Same as day six
3: NMBE 3
2: Same as day six
1: Quick review from First Aid, quick flip through of 2 first aid chapters of weakest subjects.

In retrospect, I wish I just bumped everything by one day, so my last NMBE would be 2 days before the exam. I think I would have peaked the day before the exam, but that's just me. Whatever you do, try not to over do it or you'll burn out. The schedule above may be too much or too little depending on the person.

Good Luck,
sscooterguy

goldengate said:

go visit your local city zoo! I heard it works as a good stress reliever....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone for the above advice...I won't have the chance to go to the zoo, and I will probably save the beer until after the exam...but in any case, I got a good laugh and that's just as effective. I am encouraged and will be confident tomorrow. Thanks again.