how to review physics.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2DEG

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

I took Physics in the ancient times (1992-93). My undergrad was in Elect. Engineering. But now that I am taking Chem/Bio courses, I find these easier than the Physics stuff. I almost like to say I pretty much hate physics if I could use that word 'hate'.

I don't want to waste money on taking physics courses again. I borrrowed couple of text books from a friend.

Any suggestion as to how, most effectively, I can review the physics stuff and get ready for MCAT? I am not sure if it is feasible to go through the book or perhaps follow a college syllabus.

I am hoping to take MCAT next year. So, I do have some time.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

shahab

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I'm studying for the MCAT from Examkrackers and I think their physics review book is pretty good and covers everything you'd need to know. You don't need all the intro physics that is taught in class for the MCAT. Just get some good review material like EK or kaplan and do a lot of practice problems from aamc tests. Look up only concepts you don't undertsand in the textbook. I hope it works (because that's what I'm doing :D).

I definately think that looking at an MCAT book (examkrackers, kaplan, etc) is the first step........familiarize yourself with the possible topics that could be on the physical science section.

from there, try to dabble in each topic, but with emphasis on the topics that you find difficult.......I found projectile motion (haha, don't laugh:p ) and circuits to be my weakness, so I hit those hard by extra practice problems/passages concentrating on these suckers.

THis advice may sound obvious, but it sure worked for me........familiarize yourself with all of the topics, and hit those weak-one hard with practice

good luck!

Nova's physics book is a gem for MCAT prep.