HOw to prepare for the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoppe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so frustrated right now as to how to prepare for the Verbal section for the pcat. I tried the Miller Analogies but it doesn't make any sense to me since how can I know the relationship when I don't know what those words mean? Also, I cramped a lot of late night studying for organic and general so I don't know if I remember all of them now!
I asked my advisor whether or not I should take the Kaplan and she looked at me like i'm the dumbest person alive. She was like "you take the kaplan for PCAT?" No no, honey, kaplan is for people trying to take the MCAT!" So inconsiderate! I'm so embarrassed I didn't even tell her opinion about the PCAT professor!

Anyway, my question is does anyone know any other book i can practice on for my verbal? Any good review on PCAT professor?

by the way, i'm trying to get into pharm school in 2007.

Members don't see this ad.

shoppe said:
I'm so frustrated right now as to how to prepare for the Verbal section for the pcat. I tried the Miller Analogies but it doesn't make any sense to me since how can I know the relationship when I don't know what those words mean? Also, I cramped a lot of late night studying for organic and general so I don't know if I remember all of them now!
I asked my advisor whether or not I should take the Kaplan and she looked at me like i'm the dumbest person alive. She was like "you take the kaplan for PCAT?" No no, honey, kaplan is for people trying to take the MCAT!" So inconsiderate! I'm so embarrassed I didn't even tell her opinion about the PCAT professor!

Anyway, my question is does anyone know any other book i can practice on for my verbal? Any good review on PCAT professor?

Hi.....study the Kaplans 2005 edition, study Barron's PCAT book....and u should be fine.....eventhough i have not taken the pcat yet so i don't know how well they prepare u ....

if u want to study/practice even more ...there's this new book just released in july.......It's called "Reference Guide for PCAT"..... ISBN = 0974654426 ....... i ordered it only through amazon...and so far i've finished math, biol and chem...i think it's good.....but again i won't know for sure until i take my actual PCAT..

hope this helps....BTW never used pcat prof before

shoppe said:

I have same problems with you...i took pCAT did bad on it..so i gave up...i apply for school does not required PCAT since my gpa is high so yeah...SCREW PCAT!!! i am focusing in my GPA to get to 3.9