How to prepare for Prelim/TY interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know how to apply for what my advanced position is. Thats a little more straight forward.

All I can think of for a prelim/TY would be 1) why prelim or why TY?
or 2) why this hospital?

Members don't see this ad.

i've had 5 traditional rotating interviews (the DO equivalent of the transitional year). i've been asked pretty much the same thing each time- why a traditional year (easy if you're going into something like anesthesia and you have to), why that hospital, why you like the specialty you are pursuing after, where you are from etc ("so tell me about yourself"), what positive attribute will you bring to the program, and today for the first time i had to do a clinical case thing, where the PD gave me a chest pain case and i had to say how i'd manage the patient. but basically the transitional interview questions are kind of standard and lame, pretty easy. if you have answers the all the ones i mentioned above, you'll be fine. you might stutter a little on the one random one they throw in, but you'll ace 90% of it at least.