How to prepare for Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTfloogle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a little over a month to prepare for an interview to a DPT program (my top choice). I am skimming through forums for sample questions and seem to have a good pool of questions to practice with. Is there anything else I should do to prepare for the interview? Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! A tip I have always heard is to try to have a general idea of how you would answer a question but don't have a response memorized. Also, after being asked a question it is okay to say "let me think about that" and collect your thoughts for 5-10 seconds. Make sure to dress and act professionally and ask the interviewer any questions you have for them at the end of the interview if they allow you to do so. Good luck! And congrats on being invited for the interview!

Reactions: 1 user
I would suggest practicing answering the sample questions while recording yourself so you can make sure you're keeping good eye contact and posture. I would also say not to memorize your answers word for word but have a well thought out outline on how you would like to answer so you're coherent and not rambling on and on. Most importantly, be yourself, be genuine, and be confident! Try thinking of things that make you stand out and integrate them into the interview. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they asked a non general question or an expansion question I just said give me a minute as I looked up to think of an answer then went back made eye contact and said my answer. Do this instead of the verbal pause “uhhhhh”.