How to prepare for child boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StayOnTop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using boardvitals, but not sure if that's enough. Don't really have much time during the day for videos and stuff like BtB, unless it's worth it. Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

I found old PRITEs to be remarkably good, my fellowship had several years of old PRITEs that got passed year to year so hopefully you have access to some of those. That and boardvitals is plenty if you are an average or above performer on psych standardized tests. I found CAP to be a bit easier than adult but that's likely because I am most interested in peds related medicine in general.

I agree, PRITEs were good and I didn’t pay for any other questions. I think the PRITE scores were broken down by subject and I used that to pick areas of weakness to focus on. I don’t recall the percentage but the pass rate is super-high, so unless the PRITE scores were all in the bottom quartile, you’re not at risk. Nobody has ever asked me what my score was, employers only care that I’m certified. I was much more stressed about the now-extinct oral boards because there was so much randomness, and performance anxiety.

Members don't see this ad :)
Board Vitals is good enough, probably overkill.