How to prepare effectively for intern year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctivist2019

Reaction score
Hi EM fam,

So I got into my number one and now that the excitement is wearing off just wanted to seek your advise. Yes many people recommend relaxing before now and start of work in June/July. Part of me says yes but part of me says I will look like a fool soon. For those of you who did some “EM” reading or preparation what would you recommend for a “mini boot camp” that is self directed. Or books or websites that you find the most helpful. Thank you for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you look like a couple threads down? There is already an existing thread asking this exact same question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi EM fam,

So I got into my number one and now that the excitement is wearing off just wanted to seek your advise. Yes many people recommend relaxing before now and start of work in June/July. Part of me says yes but part of me says I will look like a fool soon. For those of you who did some “EM” reading or preparation what would you recommend for a “mini boot camp” that is self directed. Or books or websites that you find the most helpful. Thank you for the feedback.

Unless you have already completed an EM residency, you are going to look like a fool. Embrace it. You have matched, so do the minimum remaining to graduate. Then relax.

Reactions: 1 user
Lots of 12 oz. curls, and stock up on vitamin D3 to avoid getting rickets during the winter of your intern year when you may not see the sun.

Reactions: 4 users
Read some non-medical books. Here are some suggestions: Candide, The Enchiridion, The Razor's Edge, On Bull****, Down Girl, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay.