How to know if I am learning enough on rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1139416

Especially on rotations that have a extremely large amount of content (internal and family med, specifically), how do you accurately gauge that you have seen all content that is testable on shelves and Step 2 CK in the clinical or inpatient setting, or at least make up for it otherwise? Some attendings are good about this and make sure that you are able to see all, or most, pathologies throughout the rotation, assuming they have a high enough patient load. But sometimes they are not.

Members don't see this ad.

For shelf prep, my basic approach was to get through ALL of two different question banks for that rotation. Back in the day I used pretest and Lange because they had apps which made it easy to do questions during any downtime. The questions weren’t great but doing that ensures you see just about anything testable.

There are probably better ones today and I’ve heard that UWorld has broadened CK question offering over the years too. If you really want to be sure you ace shelves, the key is comprehensive review.