How to judge quality of ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rose47

Reaction score
So I have seen so many mixed things about what ECs are not considered "cookie cutter", how many clinical/non clinical volunteer hours you need, etc. This is going to be really important for my application as my GPA is slightly below where I would like it to be (Biochemistry, 3.67 cGPA and 3.62 sGPA but with pretty significant upward trend in my sGPA and 4.0 other GPA. All but 4 of my classes total have been BCPM). Please judge my ECs and tell me what I should do differently over my last year thanks!!!

clinical: (350 total so far) 300 hours at a clinic for underserved populations where I have significant patient interaction (pediatrics) and do things like take vitals, give vaccines, finger pricks, etc and i have consistently volunteered here for 2 years
50 hours at a hospital freshman year before I found the clinic opportunity

non-clinical: 200 so far: 20 hours/semester doing random sorority philanthropy things (100) plus 100 where I was in charge of organizing all of our philanthropy events/volunteers for everything/ planned things that were school-wide

research: 400 hours doing undergraduate research, no publications but if the main project I helped with were to get published I'd be a coauthor

shadowing: 20 hours but will get more

Members don't see this ad.

Your ECs are good. ADCOMs aren’t going to put much value in your sorority based volunteering however. More volunteering with the underserved won’t hurt

Reactions: 1 users
Your ECs are good. ADCOMs aren’t going to put much value in your sorority based volunteering however. More volunteering with the underserved won’t hurt
ok thanks definitely good to know. There are a few specific things ive done through sorority that have been great but generally not anything special, I was initially worried It could look bad to have been in a sorority at all but it was also a huge part of my undergrad experience and need to show the leadership roles I've had through it especially

ok thanks definitely good to know. There are a few specific things ive done through sorority that have been great but generally not anything special, I was initially worried It could look bad to have been in a sorority at all but it was also a huge part of my undergrad experience and need to show the leadership roles I've had through it especially
I’ve heard mixed things on whether it hurts or not to include Greek life on an app.