This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeeandteadoctor

Reaction score
Any tips or advice about this will be greatly appreciated. I know letter of intent helps, but how to write such a strong letter. Also, will getting a new LOR help? - Like from your new research PI?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like this cycle will involve a lot more people being put on waitlists due to the rule change. I am currently on 6 post-II waitlists right now so hopefully, there's going to be a good deal of movement later in April/May.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel like this cycle will involve a lot more people being put on waitlists due to the rule change. I am currently on 6 post-II waitlists right now so hopefully, there's going to be a good deal of movement later in April/May.
What changes were made?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah do mind explaining the rule changes and how does it work now for people with multiple acceptances?

Any tips or advice about this will be greatly appreciated. I know letter of intent helps, but how to write such a strong letter. Also, will getting a new LOR help? - Like from your new research PI?

The best way off a waitlist requires two steps:

1.) Be a strong enough applicant such that you are high on said list.
2.) Wait.

Reactions: 5 users
Regular LOI? Psh. That's so 2018. You wanna get off the wait list? Send a singing telegram of your new accomplishments.

Reactions: 2 users
Regular LOI? Psh. That's so 2018. You wanna get off the wait list? Send a singing telegram of your new accomplishments.
I would do it if I get to watch their reactions during the adcom meeting

Send a notarized affidavit claiming your promise to attend the school should they accept you. LOIs aren't binding, but now you have penalty of perjury backing up your promise.

also blood sacrifices can't hurt.

Send a notarized affidavit claiming your promise to attend the school should they accept you. LOIs aren't binding, but now you have penalty of perjury backing up your promise.

also blood sacrifices can't hurt.
Notarized affidavit...is that a thing now?