How to get business experience for MBA as an MD student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1077853

Third year MD student here. I'm interested in pursuing an MBA after medical school and I've noticed that some of the top programs I was looking at (Yale, Duke, U Chicago Booth, etc.) all value at least 3-4 years of work experience for their MBA applicants. What's a feasible way I can start to get some business experience while managing the rotations and future residency schedules at the same time? I'm specifically interested in consumer medical technologies but I'm open to anything. This is the time to explore after all!
I'm sure residency will count as work experience on paper but I assume having some other business oriented experiences would strengthen my application overall and bring me up to par with other applicants. I would be completely wrong, so feel free to correct me. Thanks in advance.

(Side note: I posted this in the Med Business forum already but I'm posting it here for some more exposure)

EDIT: Forgot to add this before posting, but future goals are to ultimately transition away from medicine and traditional clinical work and instead work in the tech sector. Possibly doing a leadership role in marketing or design there. Not a fully developed goal but I know I want to go in that general direction. I'm not too interested in healthcare administration/management/business either.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.