How to get a perfect photographic memory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrad13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying for the MCAT. I'm trying to retain information long term and read 400+ words a minute. How?? I need help with perfect memory.?

I dream about having "photographic" memory/ perfect memory and fast reading skills but I have trouble. I'm studying for the MCAT and I want to read through so much textbooks. I love reading, but I am slow and can't remember the info. I'm not looking for a pill. I'm looking for Herbs/ training programs/ techniques.
I want to remember my lectures and be able to hold it in my brain. I'M JUST SO LOST PLEASE DON'T RIDICULE ME. I REALLY NEED HELP

Members don't see this ad.

I'm slow as a turtle and had a 35 on the old MCAT. The MCAT is not about reading speed, or memory, it is about conceptual thinking. There is no such thing as photographic or perfect memory, scientifically- all who have claimed to have such abilities have been proven wrong upon testing. But if you want to do well on the MCAT, there's only one way to do it: practice, practice, practice. Keep practicing until you've got the concepts down well enough to tackle a problem in any given way, and stop obsessing about being able to just memorize things, because many of the things you encounter on the MCAT will be theoretical applications that will require you to understand the material in a conceptual way to overcome.

I'm slow as a turtle and had a 35 on the old MCAT. The MCAT is not about reading speed, or memory, it is about conceptual thinking. There is no such thing as photographic or perfect memory, scientifically- all who have claimed to have such abilities have been proven wrong upon testing. But if you want to do well on the MCAT, there's only one way to do it: practice, practice, practice. Keep practicing until you've got the concepts down well enough to tackle a problem in any given way, and stop obsessing about being able to just memorize things, because many of the things you encounter on the MCAT will be theoretical applications that will require you to understand the material in a conceptual way to overcome.
Got any tips mnemonics? Memory palace?
I'm practicing a lot. It's just that I can't retain this information. I understand it after a couple times of pact icing bit I can't remember the passages I read. I understand the concepts, but I have issues with memorizing definitions

Members don't see this ad :)
Got any tips mnemonics? Memory palace?
I'm practicing a lot. It's just that I can't retain this information. I understand it after a couple times of pact icing bit I can't remember the passages I read. I understand the concepts, but I have issues with memorizing definitions
I dunno, I just did it until it clicked. I felt stupid until I didn't. There were no tricks, no mnemonics (until medical school, where they were critical), nothing. Just practice practice practice until I reached a day when everything started clicking into place and I just understood. It was like seeing the Matrix when I'd have moments like that. Probably not how it works for everyone, so I wouldn't recommend my method unless you've got a propensity for conceptual thought.

I dunno, I just did it until it clicked. I felt stupid until I didn't. There were no tricks, no mnemonics (until medical school, where they were critical), nothing. Just practice practice practice until I reached a day when everything started clicking into place and I just understood. It was like seeing the Matrix when I'd have moments like that. Probably not how it works for everyone, so I wouldn't recommend my method unless you've got a propensity for conceptual thought.
Lol. Your comment made my day. Hahaha
Thanks buddy. I'll see what I can do in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.