how to get a background check as international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitefoxsnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an international student applying for visiting elecives in Case Western Reserve University, they require a criminal background check. My medical school can only provide with a letter signed by the dean to prove I have no criminal background. But the letter is considered not formal enough by CWRU. What should I do now? any website recommended to solve this problem? any company provide background check for international students?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am an international student applying for visiting elecives in Case Western Reserve University, they require a criminal background check. My medical school can only provide with a letter signed by the dean to prove I have no criminal background. But the letter is considered not formal enough by CWRU. What should I do now? any website recommended to solve this problem? any company provide background check for international students?

Thank you!

Have you tried calling the elective director and asking what international students normally do?

the coordinator is nice, she recommended to get it myself, such as Backgroundchecks.com
but the problem is that I can't find related service for international students on the website, maybe she is just not so sure

Members don't see this ad :)
and just one year age, a classmate from my medica school use the letter signed by the dean as a background check was accepted, the rule has just changed this year.