how to find my first job...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leegriffith

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, my name is lee griffith. i will be finishing my anesthesia residency june 06 and doing my pain fellowship at ccf. how did you find your first job? ive heard about some through word of mouth. im looking to go west, tx, nm, co, nv, az, ut. any help would be great thanks
lee

Members don't see this ad.

These are some of what I have heard from other fellows:
1) your Medtronic reps have a list of jobs, and they may know docs who are looking for someone
2)Other drug/needle reps
3)National meeting - ASA, ASRA, AAPM, ASIPP, SPPM, etc meetings are good way to network
4)Mass calling pain docs in the city you want to live
5)Job board from Painrounds.com
6)Call former residents who are already in practice in a city you want to live. Their hospital/anesthesia group may be looking for someone to help them start their pain department
7)Call pain fellows who graduated from your program
8)Solicitation letters that go to your program director
9)Your program director/attending may know someone in a city you might want to move to, so you can call him/her and get the scoop about that city.
10)Post your CV at differnt websites, pain organizations.

Good luck.

leegriffith said:
hello, my name is lee griffith. i will be finishing my anesthesia residency june 06 and doing my pain fellowship at ccf. how did you find your first job? ive heard about some through word of mouth. im looking to go west, tx, nm, co, nv, az, ut. any help would be great thanks
lee

Other online resources to check are:
GasWork.com
PainPhysicians.Org
ASAHQ.org
LWW.com
Gasjobs.com
macjobs.net
rka100.com

Good luck!