How to do well on Step 1 or Comlex level 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hey all. Is it fair to say that if you know First aid, sketchy micro, and pathoma very very well that you'll do good on step 1 usmle and or Comlex level 1?
Just wondering.

If not, what else to do, to do well on those exams?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah sorry, I feel like all those are great sources....but that's like the problem, its many sources, many books. I want one source to study from and I feel like if you pay that extra to go to a review course where they tell you what to focus on because they know the exams. The books dont change but I feel like the review courses acclimatize quicker than printed books.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah sorry, I feel like all those are great sources....but that's like the problem, its many sources, many books. I want one source to study from and I feel like if you pay that extra to go to a review course where they tell you what to focus on because they know the exams. The books dont change but I feel like the review courses acclimatize quicker than printed books.
awesome thanks!

Id recommend Uworld as a Question bank. Then Id recommend you cross reference other material like USMLECoach,Princeton, Kaplan, honestly whatever you could afford.

This is the most important exam in your life..

Louis
Instagram: UsmleCoach
Thanks I will get uwORLD.

But what about first aid?

Really..? DIT is 800$, i just assumed since its more expensive Its better than B&B.

I am going to get B&B, I tried it before and liked it.
Why if I may ask, why did you wish you started it during M2?
He's just really good, way better than my professors. The quizzes at the end are really good too. I just didn't realize it was so cheap

You cover all of fa. A lot of people try to go over it twice and supplement it with zanki and Uworld. It’s a good recipe. Wish I would’ve done it.
right... Sorry if i'm annoying you and I am persistent. If you are able to answer, if you do all of FA, U World, w/ patho and sketchy micro will you be all set for Step 1 Usmle and complex level 1 (adding in Severese and other OMM material)? Thanks

right... Sorry if i'm annoying you and I am persistent. If you are able to answer, if you do all of FA, U World, w/ patho and sketchy micro will you be all set for Step 1 Usmle and complex level 1 (adding in Severese and other OMM material)? Thanks
Depends who you are obviously, but it’ll set you up to do at least average. I started pretty low on step stuff scoring low 200s but I think I’ll be around the average and probably break 550 on comlex. But there’s a lot of factors at play, for instance I could have a block on step or comlex that’s completely the stuff that’s my weaknesses or the opposite could be true. When you’re studying try to not focus on the scores. I know it’s hard but just have the mentality that you want to learn and every week work on your weaknesses. If you do that your scores will naturally increase. I recommend doing anki or some kind of card system for long term memory and I also recommend omgomt over savarese. I’m going to end up doing both savarese and omgomt just to be sure I cover everything but I think omgomt is better.